Sunday, May 15, 2011

Borrow, Don’t Steal, Or, Better Yet, Bid

This was my first try at a picture titled “Borrow, don’t steal” for my book, Read It, Don’t Eat It!

But I wasn’t getting along with the paper I was using, so I started it and all the others over and left behind a stack of half-finished illustrations. Last year, though, I revamped my painting of a fox severely “editing” a book for the American Booksellers for Children’s Not-a-Dinner and (Mostly) Silent Auction held during Book Expo America (BEA).

This year, I did the same kind of makeover with this raccoon, who will be auctioned (silently) to benefit the American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression (ABFFE) Fund for Free Speech in Children's Books on Wednesday, May 25, at the Javits Convention Center in New York City from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.

You can read more about the event (and see another offering by me) in my previous post.

No comments: