I wrote this illustrated “story” about my father in Miss Pace’s first grade class at Delaware Township School in Sergeantsville, New Jersey. I can interpret my hieroglyphs thusly:
- circle on the easel: a side view of a roll of paper towels.
- vase of dead flowers: a jar full of paint brushes
- flowers on the table: fly lures that Dad was tying for fly-fishing
- the “X” thing: a folding aluminum stool with a green seat
- ladder 1: a bookcase?
- ladder 2: stairs
- animal in a square: one of Dad’s bear paintings
On the far right is the workbench with a fly lure and, on its side, a walkie-talkie. I’m not sure what those dark, curved things are: possibly fly-tying vices.